Vaginal yeast infection is common, almost 75% of all women are likely to have at least 1 time of this type of infection in their lifetime and 45% of all women have 2 or more. This infection can affect to any body including men. This ailment is caused by Candida albican fungus and not related to poor sanitary. Commonly this yeast infection affects to women with prolong lack of sleep, poor diet, illness, pregnant period, taking antibiotics for long period, including to women with immune-suppressing problem such as HIV, cancer and diabetes.
A woman who gets this vaginal yeast infection commonly will experience symptoms such as, burning sensation or severe itch around the vaginal organ, thick and white discharge, and pain or discomfort during intercourse with their partner. Those all yeast infection symptoms may appear one ore more in the same time. If you experience those of signs for the first time, talk to a doctor to get proper diagnose and treatments.
Vaginal yeast infection diagnosis
Your doctor will do several examinations to identify the cause of the problem. He/she will take some of sample of the vaginal discharge for further examination in the laboratories. They also will examine other physical signs such as redness, inflammation and soreness around the affected area.
This infection is classified as non-lethal disease, and commonly the sufferers showing significant improvement after 2 weeks of proper treatment. If someone who experience this vaginal yeast infection with repeated episode, then she should gets HIV or diabetes test.
How to avoid yeast infection in women
There are several suggestions to avoid the yeast infection, such as:
- Always keep the external of genital organ clean and dry. Moist area is the best environment for yeast to grow.
- Stay away from soap that contains strong chemical agent, douches and vaginal spray.
- Avoid to use prolong antibiotics and never take antibiotics without prescription
- Maintain your balanced diet, avoid take a lot of sugar in your daily diets.
- Choose cotton rather than nylon as your underwear material, this simple step will help you to avoid vaginal yeast infection