Having a stomach discomfort may just annoy you, but for some other it may ruin their daily routine and need a medical assistance. Including to the discomfort is constipation, difficult passage stools or infrequent bowel movement. This common gastrointestinal problem often starts to develop when someone consume less fiber and fluid. Other cause may be related to a digestive problem called anismus or pelvic floor dysfunction. This condition leads to improper coordination of the bowel’s muscles.
To treat constipation, often a health practitioner recommends simple changes in your lifestyle and diet habit. Such as eating more fiber, adequate fluid intake, regular exercise, and don’t ignore the urge to have a bowel movement.
Natural constipation remedies list
1. More dietary fiber. It has been known for many years that a diet with 20 to 35 grams of dietary fiber each day can significantly lower the risk of getting constipation by creating soft and bulky stool. Foods that rich in dietary fiber are including fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and beans. Stick to a balance diet plans are strongly recommended for healthy life.
2. Adequate fluid intake. One of the simple ways to get rid of constipation is to make sure that you drink adequate fluid especially fresh water. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and limit to drink caffeinated beverages such as cola and coffee, also watch your alcoholic beverages consumption.
3. Natural stimulant laxative. Some herbalists believe that by consuming certain herbs such as aloe, rhubarb, buckthorn, cascara sagrada, and senna. According to alternative medicine website, senna has been approved as a natural constipation remedy. If you plan to use one of these herbs, experts warn not to use those herbs for longer than a week without any medical supervision.
4. Probiotics. Including to this group is lactobacillus acidophilus, a live microbial organism that can promote health digestive tract. Consuming probiotics are also good to suppress the presence of harmful bacteria inside the digestive tract, helping to produce vitamin K, preventing constipation, and improving immune system function.
5. Massage. According to Mayo Clinic, certain massage technique including shiatsu and acupressure may relieve constipation. By applying at abdominal area, those massage techniques are believed can relax the muscles that support the intestine and bladder and promote normal bowel activity. Beside massage, some of alternative medication experts use acupuncture therapy as constipation treatment. Through acupuncture, the therapist helps the patient to relieve pain from constipation.