Experts suggest those who experience stomach or peptic ulcer to follow a stomach ulcer diet. The diet helps the sufferers in healing the ulcer. The main focuses of the diet is creating healthy and balance menu that lead the body into the top notch of self recovery. Besides the diet, a healthcare practitioner will also recommend the sufferer to avoid some of foods and habits that can aggravate the ulcer.
Stomach or peptic ulcer is a medical term to describe an open sore that lead to ulcer condition inside our digestive tract, especially on the lining of upper part of small intestine, stomach, and esophagus. The sufferers are commonly experience symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting, bloating, and heartburn. In advance cases, the signs of the disease may appear as unknown weight loss, black stool, severe pain on the mid to upper abdomen, and vomiting blood.
The main cause of the ulcers are commonly triggered by Helicobacter pylori, excess acid production caused by gastrinomas, cancerous acid producing cells, and using painkiller that classified as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and others available on the market. Most of the cases heal on their own along the time. Health practitioner strongly recommend to following a stomach ulcer diet plan for faster sore recovery.
Tips for better stomach ulcer diet
1. Eat smaller but frequent. At the firs time after the diagnose doctor will recommend type of foods base on your severity. A chronic condition may lead to a bland diet plan or even a liquid diet plan. Eat smaller but frequent rather than a big meal in a time. Those simple procedures give your digestive tract a chance to recovery faster.
2. A stomach ulcer diet recommends healthy and balance diet. Once it allowed, make the fresh fruits and vegetables become the top foods on your diet menu list. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and dietary fiber which are great for your digestive system. Avoid spicy foods since it can irritate the ulcers.
3. Avoid alcohol. Studies reveal that excessive drink of alcohol can aggravate the ulcers. It also increases the formation of mucous lining in the intestine and stomach that lead to bleeding and inflammation.
4. Avoid smoking. Experts reveal that cigarette has strong related to the increases stomach acid and it makes the stomach more prone to get stomach ulcers.
1. If you following the stomach ulcer diet and at the same time you also consume a type of NSAIDs, talk to the doctor whether any alternative drug for your condition.
2. Avoid prolong stress and depression. Manage your daily tasks and stay away from prolonged stress. There are obvious connections between stress and stomach ulcers. Stress may worsen the signs of the ulcers.
3. Consider to take multivitamins and antioxidants supplement. Those substance help to gear up the body metabolism lead to faster healing process.
Stomach ulcer diet is strongly recommended by the experts. The diet aims healthy and balance diet. People with severe condition may receive liquid diet for several days. The menu will be upgraded into harden foods once it allowed by the doctor. Talk to a certified dietitian for save and better diet plan. They will help you to customizing your stomach ulcer diet plan base on your calories requirement.