Hair loss can take place due to a number of reasons but generally it is due to genetic causes. The usual cycle of hair growth lasts for a period of 2 to 3 years. It is considered as regular if a person loses some hair each day as a part of this cycle. If this daily loss of hair goes over the usual limit, then it may indicate an alarming pathological state. Hair loss or baldness is also termed as “alopecia.”
Reasons of Hair loss
By now a large number of causes of hair loss have been identified; a few of these are explained below:
1. Androgenic Alopecia: This is also named as male pattern baldness. Hair is usually lost on the sides of the forehead and circlet of the head. This type of hair loss is supported by genetic factors. Hair loss may arise due to pubertal sex hormone in males named as DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which attaches to the receptors present on hair follicles leading to changes in hair and hence hair fall.
2. Traction Alopecia: It happens in people who tie their hair very strongly with unnecessary force.
3. Nutrition: Inappropriate diet and malnutrition may result in hair loss.
4. Stress: Stress is a major source of hair loss as it reduces the blood flow to the capillaries of the hair follicles.
5. Medications: Some blood pressure regulating medicines, treatment of diabetes, cholesterol and cancer can also initiate hair loss.
6. Pregnancy: Hair loss may take place in women subsequent to childbirth.
Symptoms of Hair Loss
In general, there is an average loss of 50-100 hair on a day to day basis which is considered as healthy. The initial sign of pathogenic origin of hair loss is the fall of more than 100 hairs in the hairbrush following combing.
Natural Home Therapy for Hair Loss
1. Rosemary Oil: This oil is considered as the finest cure for hair loss. It not only increases the vitality of hairs but also increases their growth rate.
2. Saw Palmetto: This herb is an excellent medicine for hair loss. 320-400 mg extract of saw palmetto is given per day.
3. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil gives excellent results in case of hair loss as this prevents protein loss from the hair by entering the hair shaft. Rubbing coconut oil 10-15 minutes per day is sufficient.
• Corticosteroid therapies: Boosters of intra-lesional and topical application of fluocinolone cream is used to alleviate hair loss.
• Immunotherapy can also be done to cure hair loss.
Hair transplant surgical procedure was invented in 1950’s and is done under local anesthesia. In this procedure, surgeon picks the healthy hair from the occipital region of the head and grafts them on those regions of the head, which are getting bald. This helps in creating and restoring a natural look. The process takes about 8 to 9 hours and may even take more time if the patient requires thicker hair. The relocated hair falls off after one or two weeks and permanent hair re-grow after some months.
Genetic Therapy via Health Supplements
Healthcrafter.net has a solution to hair loss via health supplements that work by activating cellular purification and cellular energy production. Backed by 30 years of anti-aging genetic research, the supplement resets the youth gene clusters related to both cellular purification and cellular energy production to more youthful expression patterns, helping one look and feel younger. Apart from addressing hair loss issues the supplement have also shown proven results in many other aging-related diseases and conditions. The supplement is based on natural ingredients and endorsed by the strictest authorities. Simple drop us your contacts for more information.