High protein diet foods are needed as building blocks to develop cells and tissues in our body. It’s critical to consume protein. Well balanced diet should incorporated adequate proteins on its list as daily meal. Basically protein is developed of amino acid just like glucose which is a building block of carbohydrates. Scientists classify those amino acids into two main groups, essential amino acid and nonessential amino acid.
Including to the first group of this amino acids are lysine and tryptophan, it come from foods because our body can’t synthesize them. Meanwhile including to the second group are tyrosine and arginine. Generally those amino acids are made in by the body. According to the food pyramid, to maintain normal body function, someone should consume protein up to 10 to 35 percent of daily diet. Base on experts as stated in livestrong.com, the recommended protein daily intake for healthy adults are 0.8 g per 2.2 lbs. Some one with bodybuilding process will need more protein.
High protein diet foods idea
1. Fish is one of excellent protein sources especially fresh, wild-caught one. Five ounce of salmon loaded with approximately 38 grams of protein. Besides salmon, halibut, cod, and tuna is the best protein source. Each of them contain high amount of proteins. 5 ounce of halibut and 6 ounce of cod, each contain 40 grams of protein.
2. Shellfish is other great protein source. 5 ounce of lobster contain average 30 grams of protein, 3 ounce of shrimp and crab meat, each contain 20 grams of protein. Meanwhile 3 ounce of scallops contains 23 grams of protein.
3. Among poultry family, turkey considered as the finest of high protein diet foods. It’s also low calories and low fat. Turkey meat is rich in amino acid tryptophan and other nutrition.
4. Eggs are one of great protein diet foods sources . It’s cheap and easy to get. Those eggs also contain proteins that easy to digest. Hence, this protein source is recommended in many diet plans as protein source. A boiled cook egg in the morning it’s a good start to obtain daily protein needs.
5. Soy protein considered as the top finest protein source in the pant kingdom. Inside soy protein, there are much essential amino acids. Besides proteins, those soy base foods also contain potassium, folate, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E.
6. Other high protein diet foods are oats and dairy products. Just like other whole grains base foods such as barley, brown rice, and buckwheat, they are rich in protein and the same time it low in calories. Oats is also high in dietary fiber which is good for digestive system. Dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yoghurt are also high in protein.