Healthy vegetarian diet for kids has great impact on children life. This healthy diet could be an option to carving healthy habitual of your children. Nowdays our children are exposed by unhealthy junk foods and beverages almost every where. They are bombardment by unhealthy fast foods commercials on the television. Every day our children are coaxed to consume unbalanced, sugary and greasy foods. Yes it may have delicious taste, but in long period it can trigger serious disease such as heart attack, obesity, and stroke.
Vegetarian diet types
According to the consumed foods, there are several types of vegetarian diet plan:
1. Pure vegetarian. Those who choose this type of vegetarian diet only consume vegetable base foods and completely avoid animal products including its derivate such as eggs, dairy, and honey.
2. Frutarians. People who choose this frutarians diet plan only consume fruits, nuts, and seeds without consume other part of plans to avoid harming them. Commonly people who choose this diet have strong ethical reason to not harming plants.
3. Lacto-vegetarians. Someone who sticks to this type of vegetarian will not choose animal products except dairy. They also consume dairy products such as milk, and cheese, except eggs.
4. Lacto-ovo vegetarians. People who categorized to this group, they avoid animal products but they consume eggs and dairy besides fruits and vegetables.
5. Pollo-vegetarians. They avoid animal products except chicken and turkey. They commonly avoid beef and pork from their menu list.
6. Pesce-vegetarian. They consume vegetable or plants base foods and also consume fish as one of protein sources.
7. Flexitarians. Including to this group is vegetarian who make exception to consume animal base foods from time to time.
Healthy vegetarian diet for kids benefit
Applying healthy vegetarian diet for kids is quietly challenge, parent should give their children vegetables or plants base foods without sacrificing their taste bud and balanced nutrition for their optimal growth. Creativity in creating daily menu is necessary. Don’t worry, a certified dietitian can help parents to creating fantastic and delicious vegetarian diet menu for their children, always consult your children diet plan to get professional advices from them. Studies have proven that implementing vegetarian diet for kids strongly related to lower risk of obesity, hypertension, coronary artery disease and several form of cancer by avoid saturated fats and cholesterols.
Best foods for vegetarian diet plan
As carbohydrates source, those who follow a healthy vegetarian diet for kids may consume oatmeal, white bread or whole grains bread, brown rice and baked potato. According to mayoclinic.com, eating six serving carbohydrates products a day, will meet their daily calories need. As protein source, foods such as tempeh, tofu, mushroom, soymilk or soy yogurt, and lentils are great to consume. And as dietary fiber, fats, vitamins, and mineral sources, your children may consume broccoli, fruits, almond, avocado, nuts, beans and olive oil.