Health practitioners categorize asthma as a chronic disease that affect to the parts of respiratory organ. The airways or bronchial tubes at the lungs’ sufferer are become inflamed and swollen. Combining with excessive mucus production these condition make the asthma signs and symptoms are start to rising. These facts about asthma provide informative data you may need to know about the illness. Below are some of the facts
Facts about asthma
1. According to WHO, there are more than 235 million people around the world that currently suffer from the illness. As stated on dosomething.org, there are more than 4000 deaths due to asthma each year.
2. In the Unites States, asthma need treatment which will cost somewhere around $ 18 billion per annum.
3. In this last 10 years, this respiratory illness has been increase, and WHO predicted that the death caused by this condition will increase in the next 10 years if preventive and proper treatment is not taken.
4. Compared to Caucasian women, African American women seem more prone to the health problem. Researchers estimate that African American women are 2.5 times more prone compared to Caucasian women.
5. The next facts about asthma tell that asthma is more common in woman rather than men in adult, but it more common men rather than women in children.
6. According to dosomething.org, in the United States, more than 17 million people have been diagnosis with this breath relating health problem.
7. Compared to Caucasian, African American are likely three times more brittle to get severe asthma attack that causes hospitalized even death.
8. The signs and symptoms of asthma may vary in frequency and severity from person to person. The common signs of the disease are including wheezing, breathlessness, chest pain, and coughing.
9. The symptoms may appear right after direct exposing to the certain asthma risk factor including allergen, excessive workout, and stress. It may also rise several times a day without any external trigger.
10. Identical twin who one of them have asthma symptoms, the other one are more likely has great chance to get same health problem
11. Children who their biological parents have asthma are more likely to have a great risk of getting this breathing problem.
12. Consuming prescribed medications regularly such as inhaled corticosteroid may ease the symptoms of asthma and reduce the number of death caused of asthma.
13. The last facts about asthma tell us that asthma is the most common chronic health problem among children.