It’s not hard to arrange a low cholesterol diet plan menu. By knowing which foods are good to lowering bad cholesterol and which foods should be avoided, certainly every of you can create a cholesterol diet menu list. The main target of the diet is to normalize the high cholesterol level by restricting foods that loaded with high-cholesterol and consuming foods that promote the good cholesterol.
High level of LDL cholesterol and low level of HDL cholesterol are strongly related with hearth attack and stroke. Cholesterol itself is a fat-like waxy substance. Our body needs those cholesterols in certain amount to build cells membrane and hormones. In human body, 80 percent of total cholesterol is produced by the liver and the rest of 20 percent comes from foods that consumed. Poultry, meat, dairy products and fish are the main source of cholesterol.
Cholesterol diet menu tips
1. Avoid foods with trans-fats. These evil fats commonly found in commercially baked crackers, cookies, snack cakes, and other foods with highly contain margarine. Several studies reveal that trans-fats lower the “good” (HDL) cholesterol and increase the “bad” (LDL) cholesterol level.
2. Pick healthier fats as cholesterol diet menu part. Including to healthier fat is monounsaturated fat that much found in canola oil, olive oil, avocado, and nuts. Walnut and almond are good source of monounsaturated fat as well. Try hardly to avoid saturated fats since it can elevate your LDL cholesterol and makes HLD cholesterol go down.
3. Capped your dietary cholesterol consumption. Try to limit for no more than 300 milligrams of cholesterol a day. That number should be decreased to 200 milligrams if you have heart disease. Knowing foods are that loaded with dietary cholesterol. Drop egg yolks, organ meat, and whole milk products from your menu list.
4. Eat more vegetables and fruits. Experts believe that dietary fiber strongly related with lower cholesterol. Fruits and vegetables are one of the best sources of dietary fiber. Incorporate fruits and vegetables into your daily cholesterol diet menu plan.
5. Choose whole grain base foods. Including to these foods are oatmeal, whole-wheat flour products, and brown rice. Avoid junk foods also.
6. Be a fish meat lover. Fresh fish meat, including salmon, mackerel, and herring are good to lower cholesterol. It contains omega-3 fatty acids which can promote heart health.
7. Combine the healthy cholesterol diet menu with exercise regularly. The combination is a perfect match to maintain your cholesterol level. Try to exercise 30 to 60 minutes a day to burn calories and reduce cholesterol level in same time. Avoid unhealthy habit such as smoking. When someone stops to smoking within 24 hour after quitting, the heart attack risk will decrease significantly.
In certain level, cholesterols are essential to human body. It needed to develop hormones and cells membrane. Unhealthy diet such as consuming trans-fats and saturated fats can increase tour LDL cholesterol and lower HDL cholesterol. This condition can lead you to a high risk of heart attack and stroke. A combination between healthy cholesterol diet menu and regular exercises is a magic formula to avoid the negative effect of high cholesterol level.