A pre pregnancy diet plan goal is maximizing your health and changes to get pregnant. There is no guaranty that someone who follow the diet will certainly pregnant. Basically, the diet focuses on adequate nutrition and substance that needed for body development including health sperm and ovum production. If you planning to incorporate the pre pregnancy diet plan into your daily diet plan, talk to a doctor and a certified dietitian to get professional advises about your diet plan.
In general experts suggest to fulfill adequate nutrition to follow the diet, as a basic knowledge, commonly they recommend some tips to enhance the change to get pregnant. Below are some of them:
Pre pregnancy diet tips
1. Avoid the junk food. Cut your saturated fats and refined sugars from your menu list. Foods that contain high sugars including white flour such as cake, candy, coffee cart, doughnuts, and Danish strictly should be consumed with moderation. Trans-fat foods such as grilled chicken or French fries foods are less better for your health and may increase the risk of pregnancy vomiting and nausea.
2. Increase folic acid foods intake. Studies reveal that folic acid is related to the reduction of neural tube defect along fetus development. This chemical substance can be found at leafy green vegetables and whole grains. That folic acid can be also obtained through supplement, you can buy folic acid supplement over the counter. Choose a prenatal supplement for better result, generally it contains 400 to 600 mcg of folic acid and it’s enough to fulfill the body needs.
3. Incorporate the pre pregnancy diet plan with regular exercise. An ideal body weight and shape will improve the change of having active pregnancy. This exercise should also follow right role. A certified physical therapist can help you to decide which exercise is best for your condition. Healthy diet combined with regular exercise can reduce complication-free pregnancy.
4. Avoid alcohol. It’s a common knowledge that excess alcohol and pregnancy is not a good combination. Some of experts strongly suggested to reduce or even eliminates alcohol from the diet menu.
5. Get adequate proteins. Those proteins may be obtained from high protein diet such as lean meat, eggs, skinless chicken breast and shellfish. As we all know that proteins are critical for body and cell development.
6. Avoid skips meal. Stick to the pre pregnancy diet plan and commit with the diet rule. Make sure to get constant meal everyday. Avoid delayed or skipped meal throughout the day.