Arthroscopic knee surgery recovery is faster than common knee surgery since it only involves a small and short time period of surgery. In the procedure the surgeon will perform small incision in your knee to insert the arthroscope. Someone who performs this procedure will give general anesthesia before the surgery started. This short time procedure commonly takes time an hour to finish the entire steps from diagnose to the treatment.
The main goal of this surgery is to observe the internal condition of your joints and knee ligaments. The doctor using small camera to views the internal section of the knee. This arthroscopic knee surgery recovery also depends on proper medication and care. Better care and medication leads to faster recovery of your surgery wound.
Depending on each patient condition, the recovery time will varies but commonly it takes time up to 2-4 weeks. Someone who experiences this type of knee surgery also suggested to gets physiotherapy after the procedure. This step is medically trusted for the healing process. The main goal of this physiotherapy is for ensuring the knee and its muscles strength.
Tips for faster arthroscopic knee surgery recovery
1. At the fist time after the surgery, total bed rest is better for healing process. Patients must ensure to do this period totally. Avoid to move and pressure on the knee and make sure the patient to not strain its body to much.
2. Commit to take any medication that prescribed by the doctor. Commonly doctor will give the patients antibiotics and sometime pain killer if it needed. Stick to the medication schedule lead to faster recovery.
3. To reduce the pain or the swelling patients can use an ice pack around the knee for 20 minutes at least 3-4 times a day. Once perform this step the patients must do with careful to not to contact the wound directly.
4. The arthroscopic knee surgery recovery exercises can help the recovery faster. The orthopedic surgeon and the physiotherapist commonly suggest the patients to do the exercise as soon as possible after the surgery.
5. If something wrong or experience the increasing of the pain, fever, or bleeding on the surgery wound, call the doctor soon and consult the condition to get proper treatments.