Pregnancy acne is normal in some pregnant women. The condition may cause by many cause, the main culprit is sebum overproduce which is correlated with hormone live cycle. As we know, pregnant women will have active several hormone including androgens. The hormone can prompt the sebaceous gland to get bigger and escalate the production of sebum, an oily substance.
This sebum overproduction combined with dead skin cells excess may cause skin pore blockage creating an oily skin which bacteria can grow rapidly. If not treated well, this condition may lead to pregnancy acne and other several skins problem.
The acne that develops in pregnant woman can be mild, moderate or even severe. This condition may develop in early stage of pregnancy or in the middle stage of pregnancy. The condition may appear for the entire of pregnancy stage or just in several stages.
So, what you should do, once you have pregnancy acne? If your condition is in mild or moderate that you can do several simple ways to reduce the acne. You will need to see a dermatologist once the acne is in severe stage. Below are some simple steps you can try to avoid and minimize the condition,
Get rid of pregnancy acne with these six simple steps
- Make sure to wash your face regularly. Use mild cleanser to remove excess oil on your face, better to use lukewarm water. Do this simple step at lease twice a day. Once you finish, rub gently your face using clean and gentle fabric.
- If you have oily hair, make sure to maintain the oil level. Use mild shampoo to wash your hair regularly. This step helps you to reduce the excess oil on your scalp or hair. Since your scalp is the nearest organs from your face, the excess oil on the scalp may relate to develop acne including pregnancy acne in your face.
- Once the pregnancy acne appears, do not squeeze, pop or scratch it. This will make your acne worsen or may cause acne scars.
- Avoid resting your face in your hand. Since your hand produce more oil, it may make your face become more oily and this can irritate the acne. If you use cosmetic, make sure to choose an oil-free cosmetic and make sure to choose nonacnegenic which is mean it not clog your skin pores and cause breakouts.
- Make sure to clean your cosmetic before you go to bed. Use non oily-base cleanser and finally wash your face using lukewarm water, dried off your face using smooth fabric.
- Maintain your healthy diet. Focus on foods that can improve your skin health such as fish, milk, avocado, walnuts, almonds and vegetables. Do not forget to consume enough water and avoid unhealthy fats. all of these simple steps will help you to get rid of pregnancy acne