To cure a bad breath effectively we should know for exactly what the main cause of your bad breath. This annoying foul breath smells, also known as halitosis, is a common problem that could affect to anyone of any ages and it caused by many factors. In common causes, this halitosis is caused by anaerobic bacteria inside the mouth. Anaerobic means the bacteria isn’t need oxygen to thrive.
Those anaerobic bacteria feed on bits of food inside mouth especially protein and produce sulfur compound that create rancid or foul smell of breath. Some of foods that contain pungent element such as garlic and onion may directly trigger bad breath right after you eat those foods. Consuming tobacco products are also believes can create halitosis.
In more severe cases, halitosis may be related to chronic disease such as lungs cancer, pneumonia, chronic sinus infections, chronic acid reflux, kidney or liver failure, postnasal drip, yeast infections, and diabetes. The only way to eliminate this type of halitosis is to overcome the main diseases or disorders. The consumption of certain medication including certain blood pressure medication, antihistamine, and antidepressant medication may also caused bad breath.
So how we manage and treat mild caused halitosis? According to the nhs.uk website, there are several simple steps that can cure bad breath. Including to those steps are,
Simple steps to cure bad breath
1. Brush and floss your teeth regularly. Use fluoride toothpaste to brush for at least twice a day to keep your mouth and teeth healthy. Cleaning your mouth regularly will control the bacteria population inside your mouth and at the same time it can wipe out the stinky smell originated from your breath.
2. Use an antiseptic mouthwash to control anaerobic bacteria inside your mouth. Be careful, some of mouthwash products contain high level of alcohol that can cause dry mouth. Same with chewing minty gum, using mouthwash will only cover the bad smell breath in temporary period.
3. Drink a glass of water right after you eat to flush out food particles between your teeth. Less food particles mean less attractive place for bacteria to thrive.
4. Chlorophyll or green pigment that makes leave look green has been known for long period as a natural deodorizer and breaths freshener. Use over the counter chlorophyll extract or you may also to munch of fresh parsley.
5. Try to chew certain spices such as fennel, cloves, cardamom, anise, coriander, or peppermint to cure bad breath instantly. You may chew those spices directly or you may also use it as tea or gargles. Boil a glass of water with 10 pieces of cloves, strain and gargle with it.